This salad needs a better name but I don’t think I’m the one to come up with it.
This is a salad I discovered many years ago and just love it. There are a hundred variations out there so I wanted to document my personal twist.
Avocado Edamame Salad
- 1 avocado
- 10 oz bag frozen edamame
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 lime
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- other spices
- Dice the avocado and squeeze half of lime over the pieces in your salad bowl.
- Defrost the edamame, remove from shells and mix into the avocado.
- Add cherry tomatoes and diced onion. If your red onion has a strong flavor, you may want to reduce the volume.
- Squeeze the other lime half into a small bowl and mix with olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. If desired, add other spices to taste such as garam masala or thyme.